Monday, July 28, 2008

Twist

Noelle and I talked tonight about how behind we are on our postings and it really is now or never when it comes to the tasting reviews. So, now it is.

We went to Twist on 1st and Bell tonight. They have a generous happy hour from 4 - 11 p.m. Sunday - Thursday. $2.50 house wines, $5 martinis, $2.50 small bites like really good chicken potstickers, and $5 for a human sized portion of crab mac-n-cheese.

1. Description: ribbed elbow pasta, melted shredded cheese topping, creamy sauce.

2. Portion size: Good. A little small, perhaps, but not overwhelming and I (with probably the smaller appetite of the two of us) was pretty satisfied once I let it settle.

3. Taste: I wasn't wowed. It tasted like pasta and cheese sauce. I couldn't discern any crab but Lorraine, who was guest tasting, said she did. It was good, with a nice pepper kick-back, but would have benefited from a touch of salt (none to be found on the table). All in all, I didn't find that it melded together into that magical alchemy of mac-n-cheese.

Still, Twist is a screaming deal and the hallway tables were lovely. I'd definitely go again... but I'd probably go with the chicken potstickers and the banana split.

No comments: